News from the Trail
from Sebastian at the start at Fairbanks (taken by Kai).
- Sebastian arrived at 11:05 h (21:05 MEZ) in Eagle.
- The two leaders Zack Steer and Hans Gatt are on the way to the canadien border - Gatt is now only 90 minutes behind Steer.
- Hans Gatt is the first musher who won the Quest in two following years (2002/2003).
- Trevor Braun, a guide from Sebastian, is still in the race on the way to Eagle.
- There are already 8 scratches teams, the swiss Emil Inauen is also part of them.
- William Kleedehn has broken his left leg over his prothese when he slipped and fall on a icy part. He arrived at Mile 101 and scratched there.
- It seems that Hans Gatt has a blessure on his wrist, by his snow hook when he tried to help the dogs on the ice.